Helping you find your way home.
Personal. Affordable. Stress-free mortgages.
Escondido Mortgage Broker
National Home Loans is an Escondido mortgage broker that’s ready to help bring you home. Whether you’re buying your first home or refinancing, we’re ready to bring you a stress-free and personal mortgage experience.
Escondido Home Loan Programs
A standard, low-fee loan that's a great option for those with good credit and low debt.
A government-insured loan with a low down payment and more lenient credit score requirements.
A no down payment loan for qualified service members, veterans, reservists, or surviving spouses.
Reverse Mortgage Loans
A loan for homeowners 62 and older that allows them to convert their home equity into cash.
A loan for borrowers with non-traditional financial situations, such as those who are self-employed.
A loan that helps in situations where housing is expensive or the cost of the home exceeds county limits.
Conventional loans are best for those with good credit and a low debt-to-income (DTI) ratio. Also, when you pay 20% down, you’re not required to pay for private mortgage insurance (PMI).
- Potential to save money with a down payment of 20% of more
- Possible down payments as low as 3%
- Flexible payment terms, 45% DTI ratio
- Best for homebuyers looking for a mortgage with low fees
FHA loans are backed by the government and are popular with first-time homebuyers looking for a low down payment. The credit score requirements are also more lenient.
- Low down payment requirement (as low as 3.5%)
- Lenient credit score
- Less strict income requirements, DTI ratio of 50% or less
- Best for home buyers recovering from financial setbacks or have thin credit
If you're a qualified service member, veteran, reservist, or surviving spouse, a VA loan requires no money down, and you do not have to pay private mortgage insurance.
- 0% down payment required
- No private mortgage required
- Loan can be used to purchase property, refinance, or improve current home
- Only for service members, veterans, reservists, or surviving spouses may be eligible
A rehab loan covers the cost of the home you're purchasing and provides additional funds for renovations. Both costs are wrapped up into one convenient loan.
- Down payment as low as 3.5%, DTI ratio of 45% or less
- Streamlined loan that can cover both the cost of the home and improvements
- Access to more affordable homes
- Best for home buyers who need capital for a fixer-upper
Reverse Mortgage Loans
A reverse mortgage loan is a loan taken against home equity. It’s paid back when the borrower no longer lives in the home, and the amount due increases over time with interest and fees.
- No credit score required
- No income necessary
- Suitable for borrowers who need to convert part of their home equity into cash
- Only for borrowers age 62 and above, and must own home outright or have at least 50% equity in home
Non-QM (Non-Qualified Mortgage) loans are for non-traditional borrowers, such as self-employed or seasonal workers, those who are credit-challenged, or those who have difficulty qualifying for a traditional loan.
- Borrowers with non-traditional financial situations may qualify
- Flexible credit score requirement, DTI ratio of 43% or less (higher numbers may be negotiable)
- Alternative payment terms available
- Best for home buyers who are self-employed, have fluctuating income, or own significant assets
Jumbo mortgage loans are for those interested in purchasing a higher-priced property that exceeds the area’s maximum loan amount set by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Borrow a bigger loan compared to conventional loans. Underwriting may be stricter.
- Alternative qualification available
- Fixed or adjustable rate mortgage rates available
- Best for home buyers that live in an expensive area or need loans that exceed county limits.
Save Thousands With Homes for Heroes®
Are you serving our community in one of the roles listed below? If so, you can receive significantly reduced lending fees when buying or refinancing a home with National Home Loans.
Your Guide Through the Mortgage Maze
Why Choose National Home Loans
You can get real estate financing elsewhere. Why does National Home Loans beat the rest?
Get concierge-level service from pre-approval to closing while saving money. Stress-free is our specialty.
When thinking about home loans, it’s always cheaper to have a mortgage broker who’s working for you.
Just the Right Fit
We’ll find the right loan program and best terms for you. It’s a completely customized experience.
We have access to 100+ lenders, giving you the most options without any extra work.
Personal & Local
We offer a local alternative to the “big bank” feel that lenders provide. We’ll guide you every step.
Work with top San Diego mortgage broker and business development expert John Giannattasio.
Rated one of the top 100 mortgage brokers in the nation
by the Scotsman Guide
I shopped around a bit for a broker, and was referred to John by a coworker. He was by far the most personable, professional, and proactive broker that I interacted with. He promised me that he was doing everything he could to protect my family's money and get us into a house that we love, and he did. The bottom line is he got us our desired results, he offered great advice, and he earned my trust and confidence. I would recommend his services to anyone looking for a knowledgeable and passionate mortgage broker.
Have been working with John for a couple months now; he is very patient and understands our needs as first time home buyers. John has been amazing and answers all our questions, I think we have found our long time broker. He has the clients best interest in mind which is very refreshing. A++
John is great at what he does, especially for first time homebuyers. He is willing to go the extra mile for his clients and will explain exactly what he's doing along the way. I'm so glad we were able to work with him and I highly recommend him.
Beyond grateful to have been referred to John G. right after getting our offer accepted on a home. We would not have been able to do it without him. He secured us a great rate, which was a game changer in our decision to purchase. It was our first home purchase, and he helped us navigate every single thing, and was extremely responsive and available to chat when we needed him. The entire escrow process was smoother and quicker than we could have ever hoped for. He was a pleasure to work with, and we hope to continue to work with him in the future.
Meet John Giannattasio
John G. has been recognized as one of the top 100 mortgage brokers in the nation. This is a testament to his focus on superior customer service, developed through years of experience in real estate and local business ownership. He and his team help first-time home buyers navigate their options stress-free.
Licensed In CA, CO, TX, & FL
What's your home worth?
Helping Escondido Get Home.
Ready to see how we can help? Get in touch with our Escondido mortgage broker today!
Why We Love Escondido
At Escondido, there’s always something for everyone; from world-class attractions like the San Diego Zoo Safari Park to gastronomic destinations like Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens. Escondido is also home to fine wineries, historic parks, and unique shops around town. With good schools, its proximity to San Diego, comfortable weather, and all of its attractions, Escondido is a great place to call home.