Home Loan Programs
A standard, low-fee loan that's a great option for those with good credit and low debt.
A government-insured loan with a low down payment and more lenient credit score requirements.
A no down payment loan for qualified service members, veterans, reservists, or surviving spouses.
A loan for homeowners 62 and older that allows them to convert their home equity into cash.
A loan for borrowers with non-traditional financial situations, such as those who are self-employed.
A loan that helps in situations where housing is expensive or the cost of the home exceeds county limits.
Conventional loans are best for those with good credit and a low debt-to-income (DTI) ratio. Also, when you pay 20% down, you’re not required to pay for private mortgage insurance (PMI).
- Potential to save money with a down payment of 20% of more
- Possible down payments as low as 3%
- Flexible payment terms, 45% DTI ratio
- Best for homebuyers looking for a mortgage with low fees
FHA loans are backed by the government and are popular with first-time homebuyers looking for a low down payment. The credit score requirements are also more lenient.
- Low down payment requirement (as low as 3.5%)
- Lenient credit score
- Less strict income requirements, DTI ratio of 50% or less
- Best for home buyers recovering from financial setbacks or have thin credit
If you're a qualified service member, veteran, reservist, or surviving spouse, a VA loan requires no money down, and you do not have to pay private mortgage insurance.
- 0% down payment required
- No private mortgage required
- Loan can be used to purchase property, refinance, or improve current home
- Only for service members, veterans, reservists, or surviving spouses may be eligible
A rehab loan covers the cost of the home you're purchasing and provides additional funds for renovations. Both costs are wrapped up into one convenient loan.
- Down payment as low as 3.5%, DTI ratio of 45% or less
- Streamlined loan that can cover both the cost of the home and improvements
- Access to more affordable homes
- Best for home buyers who need capital for a fixer-upper
A reverse mortgage is a loan taken against home equity. It’s paid back when the borrower no longer lives in the home, and the amount due increases over time with interest and fees.
- No credit score required
- No income necessary
- Suitable for borrowers who need to convert part of their home equity into cash
- Only for borrowers age 62 and above, and must own home outright or have at least 50% equity in home
Non-QM (Non-Qualified Mortgage) loans are for non-traditional borrowers, such as self-employed or seasonal workers, those who are credit-challenged, or those who have difficulty qualifying for a traditional loan.
- Borrowers with non-traditional financial situations may qualify
- Flexible credit score requirement, DTI ratio of 43% or less (higher numbers may be negotiable)
- Alternative payment terms available
- Best for home buyers who are self-employed, have fluctuating income, or own significant assets
Jumbo mortgage loans are for those interested in purchasing a higher-priced property that exceeds the area’s maximum loan amount set by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Borrow a bigger loan compared to conventional loans. Underwriting may be stricter.
- Alternative qualification available
- Fixed or adjustable rate mortgage rates available
- Best for home buyers that live in an expensive area or need loans that exceed county limits.
I shopped around a bit for a broker, and was referred to John by a coworker. He was by far the most personable, professional, and proactive broker that I interacted with. He promised me that he was doing everything he could to protect my family's money and get us into a house that we love, and he did. The bottom line is he got us our desired results, he offered great advice, and he earned my trust and confidence. I would recommend his services to anyone looking for a knowledgeable and passionate mortgage broker.
Have been working with John for a couple months now; he is very patient and understands our needs as first time home buyers. John has been amazing and answers all our questions, I think we have found our long time broker. He has the clients best interest in mind which is very refreshing. A++
John is great at what he does, especially for first time homebuyers. He is willing to go the extra mile for his clients and will explain exactly what he's doing along the way. I'm so glad we were able to work with him and I highly recommend him.
Beyond grateful to have been referred to John G. right after getting our offer accepted on a home. We would not have been able to do it without him. He secured us a great rate, which was a game changer in our decision to purchase. It was our first home purchase, and he helped us navigate every single thing, and was extremely responsive and available to chat when we needed him. The entire escrow process was smoother and quicker than we could have ever hoped for. He was a pleasure to work with, and we hope to continue to work with him in the future.